Sweet and light, classic Coconut Cream Pie is a traditional spring dessert.
- Makes: 6-8 servings (1 pie)
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- 1 pie crust (8-9 inches) baked
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- 1 cup coconut, lightly toasted
- Whisk together all filling ingredients.
- In a medium saucepan, stir over medium-low heat until very thick and almost boiling, about 10 minutes. Set aside and cool.
- Spoon cooled filling into pie shell. Top with whipped cream and coconut.