This cinnamon-rich cake can be a Christmas treat or enjoyed any time of the year.
- Makes: 1 Bundt cake
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Apples are rich in quercetin, an antioxidant to fight Alzheimer’s disease and certain cancers.
- Recipe Created By: Linda Mabry
- Recipe From: Tennessee Home & Farm
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ½ cups vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup nuts
- ½ cup dates, chopped
- ½ cup Angel Flake coconut
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine sugar, oil, eggs, salt, vanilla and lemon juice in a bowl and beat well. Add the flour, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon, and beat. Add the fruit, nuts, dates and coconut and stir well.
- Pour into a 10-inch stem (angel food) or Bundt pan, and bake for 1 ½ hours.
- Combine the glaze ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour the glaze over the hot cake before removing the cake from the pan.