Sweet, juicy melon cakes are a fun way to use seasonal watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 4 sprigs either rosemary or lavender
- 3 medium-size melons of your choice (watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe, etc.)
- Place sugar, water and either rosemary or lavender in a small saucepan. Stir often over low heat until thick. Set aside to steep overnight.
- Slice melons into ½-inch thick slices. Using a cookie cutter, biscuit cutter or drinking glass, cut melons into circles. Stack however you prefer. Drizzle herb syrup on top.