This homemade pie crust recipe uses butter, flour and vinegar to make an ideal flaky crust for any type of pie. You can also freeze the pie crust for later.
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- cold water
- To make crust, cut butter into flour and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Break the egg into a 1-cup measuring cup and beat it. Add the vinegar to the egg, and fill cup with cold water.
- Add liquid to flour mixture and stir gently until mixed. Don’t overmix dough.
- Fill with your favorite pie filling (such as apple, berry or peach), or freeze in a zip-close freezer bag for future use.
Tips & Notes
Makes two double crusts or four single crusts. Remaining dough can be frozen for use later.