These tasty peanut butter chocolate cake balls are perfect for parties or food gifts.
- Makes: 12 medium or 16 small cake balls
- Prep Time: 2 hours (includes baking cake, cooling time, assembly and dipping)
- Cook Time: 30 minutes (for baking cake and melting chocolate)
- Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- Recipe From: Tennessee Home & Farm
- In a medium saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sugar is dissolved. While still warm, stir in peanut butter. Whisk until evenly blended.
- When cool enough to handle, stir into cake. With clean hands, mix liquid into cake until very well (and evenly) moistened.
- With a medium-size ice cream scoop, spoon cake mixture onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. This should yield about 12 large or about 16 medium-sized cake balls. Freeze until well set, about 1 hour.
- Melt semisweet chocolate in microwave on low setting until just melted. Carefully pick up and coat each cake ball with chocolate; set in cupcake liners. (There isn’t a neat way to do this, so be prepared for some dripping and clean-up.)
- Melt white chocolate and drizzle over the top of each cake ball. Quickly sprinkle chopped peanuts on top before chocolate hardens.
Tips & Notes
Add your favorite food color to the cake for holidays and special occasions.