Pears, a fall fruit, take center stage in this rustic crostata.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll pastry into a 12-inch circle and place on a baking sheet. Place chocolate chips in the center, fanning out into about an 8-inch circle.
- In a large bowl, toss together pears, cranberries, sugar, flour and salt. Spoon over the chocolate chips, leaving 2-3 inches on the perimeter.
- Fold the edges toward the center of the crostata, leaving the fruit in the center exposed. Be sure there are no holes in the pastry, or the fruit juice will make a mess.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with Turbinado sugar. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until golden and bubbly.