If you’re up for a change, try this unexpected new crust variation made with crumbs of that childhood favorite, zwieback toast.
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- 1 ¼ cups (about 15 toasts) crumbled zwieback toasts
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and put rack on lower middle position.
- Mix crumbs and sugar.
- Add butter and stir with fork until well mixed.
- Scrape into 8-inch ovenproof pie plate and spread evenly over bottom, pressing crumbs up the sides and around the top sides with fingers.
- Bake about 15 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.