Nutritious cauliflower is the star of this creamy, filling, fall side dish.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes (including sauce)
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Per serving: 249 calories, 17.9g fat, 470 mg sodium, 3.6g dietary fiber, 11.7g protein; This recipe is very high in vitamins B6 and C.
- Recipe Created By: Charlyn Fargo
- Recipe From: Illinois Partners
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Break cauliflower into florets, and cook in a small amount of water in saucepan until crisp-tender. Drain and place in shallow 8-inch casserole dish.
- Melt butter in skillet, and cook onions and mushrooms until onions are translucent. Stir in flour, salt and paprika. Stir in milk and Worcestershire sauce; add cheddar cheese. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce over cauliflower, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and additional paprika. Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly.