- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Potatoes have 45% of your daily vitamin C and 18% of your daily potassium.
- Recipe Created By: Farming Feeds Alabama Cookbook
- 8 medium-sized baking potatoes, about 4 pounds, baked
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup, plus 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped and divided
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- chive bundles for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel potatoes, and coarsely mash pulp with a potato masher.
- Stir in 1 cup cheddar, sour cream, cream cheese, milk, butter, garlic, salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon chives.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese, chives and bacon. Garnish with chive bundles, if desired.
Nutrition Facts per Serving: Calories – 654, Total Fat – 49.5g, Sodium – 726mg, Total Carbohydrates – 35.2g, Protein – 20.5g **Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.