Bob's Red Mill in Oregon provides a tasty recipe, putting a hazelnut spin on classic chocolate chip cookies.
- Makes: 20 cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-18 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Bob's Red Mill
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix flaxseed meal and water together in a small bowl and set aside to thicken.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Bob’s Red Mill Hazelnut Meal, coconut sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond butter, applesauce, vanilla and flax/water mixture. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Place approximately 1 ½ tablespoons of dough for each cookie on prepared baking sheet, leaving 1 inch between each cookie. Bake until set, about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remover from oven and let cookies cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then move to a rack and cool completely.