Crowd-pleasing All-Season Peach Squares are made with fresh white peach jam.
- Makes: 24 squares
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
- Nutrition Highlights: With just 38 calories in a medium-sized peach, they’re an excellent source of fiber, good for blood sugar and naturally fat free.
- Recipe Created By: Charlyn Fargo
- Recipe From: Illinois Partners
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ cups sliced almonds, divided
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon light brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 12 pieces and softened
- 1 ½ pounds frozen peaches, thawed and drained
- ½ cup white peach jam
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 13-by-9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Process the flour, 1 ¼ cups almonds, sugar, ⅓ cup brown sugar and ½ teaspoon salt together in a food processor until combined, about 5 seconds. Add butter and pulse mixture until it resembles coarse meal, about 20 pulses.
- Reserve ½ cup of the flour mixture for the topping. Sprinkle the remaining flour mixture into the prepared pan, and press to edges. Bake the crust until fragrant and brown, about 15 minutes.
- While the crust bakes, mix the remaining tablespoon of brown sugar and reserved flour mixture together in a small bowl to form a streusel. Set aside.
- To drain peaches, place on paper towels to rid of excess moisture as they thaw. Pulse peaches and jam together in food processor until peaches are in chunks, about 5 to 7 pulses.
- In a large, nonstick skillet over high heat, cook the peach mixture until thickened and jam-like, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in lemon zest, lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Spread the cooked peach mixture evenly over the hot crust, then sprinkle with reserved streusel topping and remaining ½ cup almonds. Bake until almonds are golden, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into 24 squares.
Tips & Notes
Find the White Peach Jam recipe, used in the peach squares, here.