Welcome the holiday season with this classic Snowball Cookies recipe. Also known as Russian tea cakes, Mexican wedding cookies, Italian wedding cakes and butterballs.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- red and green sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, ½ cup of powdered sugar, vanilla, flour, salt and walnuts. Using your hands, mix well. Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Bake cookies on an insulated baking sheet for 12 to 15 minutes, until light brown.
- When cool, roll in the remaining powdered sugar until well coated. Sprinkle with red or green sugar, if desired.