Use the fall-harvested cranberries in this delicious caramel corn recipe from The Popcorn Board. It is an addictive sweet treat you'll love having around, making any occasion festive.
- Makes: 10 cups
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: The Popcorn Board
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place popcorn, cranberries and almonds in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan heat butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and orange juice concentrate over medium heat until butter is melted. Bring to a boil and boil 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in extract and baking soda – the mixture will foam.
- Pour syrup mixture over popcorn mixture in bowl; stir to coat well. Spread evenly in a large, rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan, lined with foil and sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake 30 minutes, stirring twice during baking time, Stir caramel corn as it cools on baking sheet. Store in an airtight container.