Farm fresh apples make this a deliciously sweet dessert.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
- Nutrition Highlights: Apples are rich in quercetin, an antioxidant to fight Alzheimer’s disease and certain cancers.
- Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston Catering
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray. Peel and core apples and cut into 1-inch chunks. Put evenly into bottom of the baking dish.
- Place all dry ingredients, including walnuts, in food processor and pulse a few times to combine. Add butter pieces and pulse until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs, being careful not to over mix (or you can mix ingredients with pastry blender or fork).
- Pour topping evenly over apples. Bake until topping is golden brown, juices are bubbling, and apples are tender, approximately 50 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Tips & Notes
Braeburn apples work great with this recipe, which tastes best when served warm and topped with vanilla ice cream.