These tasty popcorn squares featuring tart cherries and apricot preserves are perfect for your next bake sale.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
- Nutrition Highlights: Dried tart cherries are rich in powerful antioxidants called anthocyanins, which provide anti-inflammatory benefits to promote a healthy heart.
- Recipe Created By: The Popcorn Board
- Combine popcorn and cherries in large bowl
- Combine sugar, water, preserves, corn syrup and lemon juice in a small saucepan; bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Cook until mixture forms thick "ropy" threads that drip from the spoon.
- Pour slowly over popped popcorn and mix thoroughly.
- Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Press mixture into baking dish and cool completely before serving.
Tips & Notes
Wait until the mixture completely cools before cutting into squares.