Enjoy the sweet combination of blackberries and peaches in this fruity crisp.
- Makes: 12-16 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Peaches are packed with several major nutrients, including vitamins A (beta-carotene), C and potassium.
- Recipe Created By: Farming Feeds Alabama Cookbook
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a 9-by-13-inch dish in the oven until bubbly.
- Meanwhile, peel and pit the peaches and slice into wedges. Wash blackberries and pat dry.
- Remove dish from oven, and mix the two fruits together in the bubbling butter. This browns and “fries” the fruit before baking. use the ½ cup sugar if your fruits are not sweet enough for your taste.
- For the topping, mix the oats, flour, brown sugar (and white sugar, if not already used) and remaining 4 tablespoons butter until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. Add a bit more butter if needed for desired consistency. Mix in pecans for additional crunch, if desired.
- Spread the topping mixture across the fruit and bake for about 45 minutes, until golden and bubbly. Serve with ice cream.