The unique, yet tasty combination of blueberries and chocolate partner in this easy-to-eat mousse.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
- Nutrition Highlights: Per portion, this mousse is 163 calories; 10g fat; 6g saturated fat; 65 mg sodium; 19g carbohydrates; 2g fiber; 3g protein
- Recipe Created By: U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council
- In a large microwaveable bowl, place ⅓ cup half-and-half. Sprinkle gelatin over and stir to mix. Set aside and allow gelatin to soften for 5 minutes.
- Microwave on high until bubbles appear, 30-60 seconds.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until smooth, then stir in remaining half-and-half.
- Cover and refrigerate until the mixture starts to set, 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line 6 muffin cups with paper or silicone cupcake liners. Place a chocolate wafer in each, crush to fit. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat the chocolate mixture until smooth and fluffy.
- Fold blueberries into mousse.
- Spoon into cupcake liners, cover loosely and chill until firm, about 2 hours.
Tips & Notes
This recipe can easily be doubled.