This spin on the frozen classic is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Blueberries are filled with antioxidants.
- Recipe From: Tennessee Home & Farm
- 2 pints blueberries
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 cups light cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a 3-quart saucepan combine blueberries, sugar and orange juice.
- Mash berries slightly and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture comes to a boil. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree in a food processor or blender.
- Push mixture through a strainer with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Cool the mixture.
- In the chilled canister of ice-cream maker combine blueberry mixture, cream and vanilla.
- Freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.