Candy making can be tricky, but this sweet brown sugar fudge is worth the effort.
- In a heavy medium-sized pot, bring first four ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and stir frequently until candy thermometer reads 240 degrees, about 20-30 minutes.
- Pour into a metal bowl (a plastic one will melt) and add vanilla. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed. Add powdered sugar slowly and continue beating until fudge is thick and smooth, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add walnuts and stir with spoon.
- Spread in an ungreased 8-inch square pan; refrigerate uncovered for about 30 minutes.
- Cut into small squares before serving.