Sweet raspberries and crunchy hazelnuts are featured in this easy, tasty trifle.
- Makes: 8-10 servings
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- 2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- ⅓ plus ½ cup hazelnut spread, divided
- ⅔ cup milk, divided
- 12 ounces frozen raspberries, thawed
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 4 cups vanilla cake cubes* (about 1-2 square inches)
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped and sweetened with 2-3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- ⅓ cup hazelnuts, chopped and toasted
*Any type of vanilla or yellow cake will do. If you don’t have time to bake, use a thawed frozen pound cake.
- To make filling, pour Greek yogurt into a large bowl. In a separate, microwave-safe dish, combine ⅓ cup hazelnut spread and ⅓ cup milk. Microwave to heat slightly in 1-minute intervals, and whisk until well combined. Stir into the yogurt until very velvety and mocha-colored.
- In a separate bowl, stir the sugar into the berries (with their juice). Allow to rest for a moment so the sugar combines with the fruit.
- To make the drizzle, combine the remaining ½ cup hazelnut spread with remaining ⅓ cup milk in a separate microwave-safe dish. Slightly warm the drizzle mixture in the microwave in 1-minute intervals and stir until smooth.
- To assemble, place ⅓ of the cake cubes in a trifle bowl or other high-sided clear glass dish. Layer ⅓ of the fruit and filling on top. Follow with several dollops of whipped cream and ⅓ of the drizzle mixture. Repeat twice. Layer berries and nuts on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.