- In a medium bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the milk and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream and sugar. Cook, stirring to dissolve the sugar, until small bubbles appear around the outside of the pan.
- Slowly add the cream mixture to the gelatin mixture. Stir until smooth. Whisk in vanilla.
- Spray 8 ramekins with cooking spray. Divide the mixture evenly among ramekins. Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- Fill a small bowl with very warm water. Dip the bottom of the ramekins in the water for about 10 seconds. Run a knife around edges of custard to loosen. Invert onto dessert plates.
- Spoon berries around the panna cotta and serve immediately.