Sweet and simple, this frozen dessert is a tasty treat.
- Makes: 8-10
- Prep Time: 4 hours, 5 minutes (includes freeze time)
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Cheryl Armstrong
- Recipe From: My Indiana Home
- Puree cider and frozen peaches in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Spread fruit mixture into a metal 9-by-13-inch pan and place in freezer. Freeze for 30 minutes or until mixture is icy around the edges of the pan and on top.
- Remove from freezer and, using the tines of a fork, quickly scrape the partially frozen granita into flakes toward the center of the pan and stir to break up any large chunks.
- Return granita to freezer and scrape every 30 minutes (three to four more times) until mixture is thoroughly frozen.
- Fluff frozen granita with a fork. Cover pan tightly and freeze for at least 1 hour or overnight to allow flakes to “dry.”
- To serve, scrape and fluff granita into bowls and garnish with fresh raspberries.