This simple but delicious crumble featuring fresh pears and dried cranberries will be a welcome addition to your holiday table.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55-60 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Pears are sodium-free, cholesterol-free, fat-free and contain 190 mg of potassium. This recipe is also gluten-free.
- Recipe Created By: Pear Bureau Northwest, Carol Kicinski
- ½ cup pear nectar or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon plus 1 small pinch kosher salt – use divided
- 5 medium pears, cored, peeled and cut into ¼-inch slices
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 ½ cups finely ground blanched almond flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup almonds, sliced
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil (or other neutral tasting oil)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9- or 10-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pear nectar or apple juice, lemon juice, cornstarch and a small pinch of salt.
- Add the pear slices and cranberries and gently toss. Pour into the prepared dish.
- In another large mixing bowl combine the almond flour, brown sugar, remaining ½ teaspoon of salt and sliced almonds.
- Add the vanilla and oil and stir with a fork until crumbly. Top the pears with the mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the juices are bubbly.
- Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Carol Kicinski, www.simplygluten-free.com