- Quarter and boil the potato until soft. Drain well and combine in a mixer with milk, vanilla and salt.
- Add sugar, 1 cup at a time, until a stiff dough forms. Add a few drops of food coloring, if desired.
- Roll dough out on a large piece of parchment paper, using additional sugar if necessary to avoid sticking. Form a rectangle, about 18-by-12-inches in size.
- Spread peanut butter evenly on top of the dough. Carefully roll the dough into a log. A pinwheel pattern will form in the center.
- Wrap the log in cling wrap and freeze for about one hour. Slice into ½-inch pieces, cleaning the knife between each slice.
Tips & Notes
Use red and green food coloring in the dough to make these tasty candies festive for the holiday season.