A sweet summer treat, this sorghum ice cream uses an all-natural syrup that's rich in potassium and protein.
- Makes: 5 cups
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: One tablespoon of sorghum syrup supplies all of the average adult’s daily potassium needs, as well as antioxidants, 300 mg of protein, 30 mg of calcium, 20 mg of magnesium and 11 mg of phosphorus.
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- Recipe From: Tennessee Home & Farm
- In a medium saucepan, gently whisk together all ingredients over low heat until just bubbly. Set aside to cool.
- Either freeze in a conventional ice cream freezer, or place in a freezer-safe container and freeze until set, about 8 hours.
- If using second method, chip frozen mixture into food processor or blender in chunks. Puree until very creamy but not liquefied.
- Refreeze until ready to serve.
Tips & Notes
This ice cream tastes even better with a mixture of local berries and an extra drizzle of sorghum syrup.