These festive Halloween cake pops have popcorn in the mix, giving it a satisfying texture.
- Makes: 18 pops
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
- Recipe Created By: The Popcorn Board
- 5 cups popped popcorn
- ½ store-bought pound cake
- ¾ cup canned vanilla frosting
- 8 ounces candy melts (assorted colors) for coating *
- ½ teaspoon vegetable oil
- 18 lollipop sticks
* May use 8 ounces white candy melts with oil based candy color to achieve desired color.
- Process popcorn in food processor until coarsely chopped.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add popcorn and frosting, stirring with fork until mixture is evenly moistened.
- Form mixture evenly into 18 balls. For ghosts, roll into an elongated triangle creating a distinct head and body.
- Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet; freeze for 20 minutes
- Melt candy melts according to package direction. If using white, stir in vegetable oil. Color as desired using candy color.
- Remove popcorn cake balls from freezer. Dip tips of lollipop sticks into candy melts; insert no more than halfway into center of balls. Let sit 3 minutes until set.
- Dip one ball into melted candy melts to cover completely. Gently tap stick against side of bowl so excess melts drips off. Immediately decorate as desired (candy melts harden quickly).**
- Poke sticks into styrofoam block to dry completely.
- To decorate, use white candy melts for ghosts; orange for pumpkins and purple for one-eyed monsters. Use miniature chocolate chips for eyes and mouth of the ghosts and pumpkins. Shape small piece of chewy chocolate candy for pumpkin stem and attach with candy melt. Spread melted white candy melts in center of ball to create monster eye, using blue gel for irises and red gel for veins.
Tips & Notes
Let the kids help out with this fun, festive Halloween treat!