Cool down a hot day with this lemon ice cream, topped with fresh cherries. No need for an ice cream maker to prepare this ice cream recipe!
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Cherries are rich in powerful antioxidants called anthocyanins, which provide anti-inflammatory benefits to promote a healthy heart and ease arthritis pain and muscle/joint soreness after exercise.
- Recipe From: Illinois Partners
- In a plastic container, stir together the zest, lemon juice, salt and sugar until completely blended. Stir in cream.
- Cover and freeze about an hour, or until mushy. Stir with a fork, freeze another hour or so until mushy, and stir again. Repeat this one more time and freeze until firm.
- Transfer the ice cream to soften in the refrigerator about an hour before serving. Spoon into individual bowls and serve with cherries on the side.