- 1 cup nonfat or low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces thinly sliced (Nova) smoked salmon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped (green parts only)
- 3 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1½ teaspoons fresh dill, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon prepared horseradish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix yogurt and cream cheese together in medium bowl with a fork or wooden spoon.
- Add salmon and remaining ingredients. Stir to blend thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with thick slices of Granny Smith apples, cucumber circles, whole-grain crackers, bagel chips or pumpernickel toasts. For a nice presentation, hollow out an unsliced medium-sized round loaf of whole wheat or rye bread and fill with the salmon dip.
Tips & Notes
• Substitute reduced fat, light sour cream if you can’t find nonfat or low-fat plain Greek yogurt.
• Substitute ½ teaspoon dried dill instead of fresh for convenience.
• Find packages of smoked salmon in the refrigerated seafood case.
• If you’re not a horseradish fan, just leave it out and add a smidgen more lemon juice.