- Makes: 4 servings
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Bell peppers are filled with fiber, antioxidants and vitamin C, and red bell peppers actually contain even more antioxidants than their green, yellow and orange cousins.
- Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston
- Recipe From: Tennessee Home & Farm
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 6 to 8 cups arugula, cleaned and dried
- ¼ cup red pepper, diced
- 1 Bosc pear, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons honey, preferably local
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pure ground black pepper
- ¾ cup canola oil
- To make vinaigrette, whisk vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly add oil until emulsified.
- Meanwhile, toast nuts in small pan over medium heat until fragrant. Cool and chop.
- Divide goat cheese into eight pieces and form into button shape. Roll the outside in toasted pine nuts.
- Combine arugula, peppers and dressing in a salad bowl. Add enough dressing to coat the leaves. Make a small mound of arugula in center of the plate. Place goat cheese buttons to the side. Drizzle with honey. Fan pear slices on top and serve.
Nutrition Facts for Ingredients (per serving): Calories – 474, Fat – 32.1g, Dietary Fiber – 2.9g, Protein – 20.7g, Vitamin A – 38%, Vitamin C –24 %, Calcium – 56%, Iron – 15%.
Nutrition Facts for Champagne Vinaigrette (per serving): Calories – 370, Fat – 41.2g, Protein – 0.4g.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
Tips & Notes
Bosc pears are brown-skinned pears with a long neck and curved stem that have a sweet-spiced flavor.