Cool down on a hot day with an ice-cold glass of Blueberry Mint Refresher.
- Makes: About 1 ½ cups blueberry syrup or 9-10 cups refresher
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
- Nutrition Highlights: Blueberries are a low-fat food that’s packed with vitamin C, dietary fiber, manganese and antioxidants.
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- Recipe From: North Carolina Field & Family
- Place 1 cup blueberries, honey and mint in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer and continue to heat for several minutes, stirring constantly until the berries burst. Remove from heat and cool.
- Gently squeeze berry mixture through cheesecloth-lined sieve into an airtight container (discarding blueberry pulp and mint) to make a blueberry syrup. Chill.
- Combine ¼ cup syrup with ¾ cup sparkling water for a single serving. Pour over ice. This can also be served in a large pitcher or punch bowl, using the whole recipe with both quarts of sparkling water. Garnish with berries and mint.