When the heat is too much to handle, cool off with this refreshing watermelon agua fresca drink recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Due to the natural sweetness of watermelon, minimal amount of additional sugar is required for this recipe. Try substituting with Splenda or the like for a calorie cut!
- Recipe Created By: National Watermelon Promotion Board
- 6 cups watermelon juice
- 1 cup watermelon, finely cut
- 7 cups watermelon, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large lime, juiced
- mint sprigs, optional for garnish
- To juice the watermelon, cut a watermelon into large chunks. Puree the chunks in a blender or food processor, and then strain watermelon juice into a large serving pitcher.
- Add the finely cut and coarsely chopped watermelon to the pitcher. Stir in the sugar and lime juice.
- Garnish with watermelon wedges and mint. Serve chilled.
Tips & Notes
Short on time? Buy pre-cut chunks of watermelon in the produce department.