Dust off the grill for these extremely flavorful BLT burgers, featuring a sweet onion mayonnaise.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Onions in the sweet mayonnaise provide natural nutrients to fight heart disease, cancer, are good for your immune system and help keep your bones healthy.
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- Recipe From: Tennessee Home & Farm
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 6 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 whole wheat or sourdough burger buns, toasted
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 crunchy iceberg lettuce leaves
- Combine the ground meat, bacon, salt and pepper. Form into 4 large patties. Grill to desired doneness. If using turkey, be certain to grill until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, prepare sweet onion mayonnaise by mixing together mayo, onion and cayenne pepper.
- Place burgers on the buns and garnish with tomato, lettuce and a dollop of mayonnaise.