This flavorful rub will perk up a plain pork loin. Serve as a holiday entree.
- Makes: 6-8 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Lean pork is high in protein, B vitamins and a good source of potassium and zinc.
- Recipe Created By: National Pork Board
- 1 3-pound boneless pork loin roast
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pat pork dry with paper towel.
- In a small bowl, combine all rub ingredients well and apply to all surfaces of pork roast.
- Place roast in shallow pan in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees.
- Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more information about pork, visit PorkBeInspired.com.
Tips & Notes
As a safety tip, refrigerate leftover pork as soon as possible.