Fresh peaches and a little bourbon wake up grilled pork chops.
- Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
- Nutrition Highlights: Six pork cuts are leaner than a chicken thigh: tenderloin, boneless top loin chop, top loin roast, center loin chop, sirloin roast and rib chop. Lean pork is high in protein, B vitamins and a good source of potassium and zinc.
- Clean and slice the pork into 6 pork chops. Season with salt, pepper and a little cooking oil. Place wrapped in fridge.
- Peel and pit peaches, puree peaches until smooth and pass through a strainer, reserving juice. Place in sauce pot with crushed pepper and heat well. Add bourbon and allow to burn off, then add ketchup and honey. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove chops and lightly mark on grill. Place in pan. Brush liberally with sauce and roast at 350 degrees until chops reach 145 degrees internally. Serve with additional sauce on the side.
Tips & Notes
The bourbon-peach barbecue sauce also goes great with grilled chicken.