Small, hand-held pies are given a summery twist with cold chicken salad in a buttery crust.
- Makes: 10 servings
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- 4 cups chicken breast meat, cooked and diced
- 2 medium stalks celery, diced
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup fresh herbs (such as parsley and dill), chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- dash paprika
- 2 pie crusts (for 10-inch pie)
- Combine chicken, celery, mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, herbs, onions, salt and pepper in a sealable container, mixing well. Chill until ready to use.
- Divide dough into 10 pieces, and press into muffin tin cups by making the sides about 2 inches high and flattening the centers. Bake for about 12 minutes until deep golden. Cool thoroughly.
- Spoon chicken salad into cooled dough cups. Garnish with a dash of paprika and fresh herbs.