This recipe for a Southern summer favorite is simple, calling for cornmeal, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Recipe From: Tennessee Home & Farm
- Rinse fillets. Do not pat dry.
- Preheat cooking oil to 350 degrees in heavy skillet.
- Combine all dry ingredients in shallow dish. Place fillets into cornmeal mixture. Coat fillets evenly; shake off excess coating.
- Fry in hot oil, rounded side down, for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn fillets and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towel.