Cornish hens may seem fancy, but this simple dish is a delicious and easy alternative to chicken or pork.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together salt, garlic powder, rosemary, orange zest, pepper and paprika to make a rub, and set aside.
- Clean and dry each hen. Cut orange into quarters. Squeeze juice inside cavity and on surface of each hen, and place the squeezed quarters inside. Evenly cover each hen with rub mixture until well coated.
- Place hens in a large roasting dish, at least an inch apart. A bit of space between each hen leads to even browning and a crispy skin.
- Bake in the oven for about 55 minutes, or until hens are a deep golden color and reach 180 degrees on a meat thermometer.