- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, blanched and sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, sliced thin
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced thin
- 1 bunch garlic shoots, sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, julienned into 2-inch pieces
- 1 round fresh ginger, minced
- 4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch or arrowroot powder mixed in 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- Clean and prepare vegetables so all are about the same thickness and length.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, mix together cornstarch and water. Add soy sauce and sherry.
- Put peanut oil in wok. When very hot, add ginger and garlic shoots.
- Add rest of vegetables and, tossing like a salad, stir-fry until crisp-tender. Add soy sauce mixture. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 163, Fat – 7.1g, Dietary Fiber – 2.8g, Protein – 2.6g, Vitamin A – 125%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
Tips & Notes
Be flexible with what veggies are available at your market. Serve the stir-fry with rice as an entree, or by itself as a side dish.