- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
- Nutrition Highlights: Tomatoes are extremely nutrient-rich. They’re an excellent source of vitamins A, C, and K, plus lycopene, potassium and fiber.
- Recipe Created By: Kim Galeaz
- Recipe From: My Indiana Home
- Divide pizza dough in half. On a floured surface, roll into two 8-inch circles. Place on lightly floured baking sheet. Oil grill grates and preheat grill to medium-low heat.
- Place the pizza crusts directly on grill grates. Close cover and cook 1 to 3 minutes or just until the dough puffs and bubbles up in some places and starts to become firm.
- Remove crusts with tongs, turn over and place on baking sheet.
- Spread each grilled side with 2 tablespoons mayonnaise. Sprinkle each pizza with half the mozzarella and bacon.
- Return pizzas to grill, cover and grill for 3-5 more minutes until the crust is crisp and cheese is melted.
- Remove pizzas and top with shredded lettuce then grape tomato halves. Enjoy immediately.
Tips & Notes
Raining outside? Preheat oven to 450 degrees, lightly oil a baking sheet and stretch the pizza dough on sheet. Proceed with adding toppings according to recipes above, then bake 15 to 25 minutes until crust is browned. Watch closely and check frequently as cooking time will depend on size of pizza and toppings.