Serve a hearty meal with flavorful grilled lamb chops and an array of brilliantly colored potatoes.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: The different varieties of potatoes in this dish all are packed with 45% of your daily vitamin C and are a great source of potassium.
- Recipe Created By: American Lamb Board
- Recipe From: Tennessee Home & Farm
- 12 lamb loin chops
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- 2 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- coarsely ground black pepper
- ¾ pound Russet potatoes, cut to ½-inch dice, leaving skin on
- ¾ pound Purple Majesty potatoes, cut into ½-inch dice, leaving skin on
- ¾ pound Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into ½-inch dice, leaving skin on
- ¾ pound Mountain Rose potatoes, cut into ½-inch dice, leaving skin on
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1 sprig rosemary, about 6 inches long
- 1 teaspoon sage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced
- ½ cup dried mission figs, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Rub lamb with olive oil, garlic, rosemary, lemon juice and black pepper. Cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate for 4 hours to marinate.
- In an 8×1-inch oblong baking dish, combine potatoes, oil, garlic and rosemary sprig; roast at 250 degrees for 2 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- When potatoes are done, remove and discard rosemary sprig and garlic. Drain excess olive oil and discard. Gently combine sage, parsley, shallots, figs and sherry vinegar. For a more tangy flavor, add additional vinegar. Set aside.
- Lightly salt and pepper the lamb chops to taste. Place on hot grill; cook 4-5 minutes per side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Spoon approximately ¾ cup marinated potatoes on serving plate and arrange lamb chops on top. Garnish with fresh herbs.
Tips & Notes
To maintain the vibrant colors of the potatoes after dicing, submerge them in cold water until ready to cook.