- 4 rainbow trout, about 12-16 ounce each
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shallots or green onions, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Clean the fish thoroughly. You may cook the fish whole, as pictured, but if desired, remove heads and butterfly the trout.
- Melt butter and combine in a small bowl with parsley, salt and onion.
- Prepare grill and bring to medium high heat. You will need a very clean grill; otherwise, the fish will break apart. A fish grilling tray or rack will also make grilling easier. A thin metal spatula is ideal for turning fish.
- Grill on each side for about 4 minutes, basting with the butter-parsley mixture.
- Test the fish with a fork to be sure it is flakey and cooked thoroughly.
- If a crunchy edge is desired, grill slightly longer. Serve immediately.