- Makes: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Intermediate
- Nutrition Highlights: Mint does more than make your breath fresh! It’s filled with powerful antioxidants to help protect against cancer and many other diseases. Plus, mint may help with digestive problems.
- Recipe Created By: Mary Carter
- Recipe From: Tennessee Home & Farm
- 8-10 thick cut lamb chops
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
Berry Mint Sauce:
- Rub lamb chops evenly with garlic. Coat with olive oil, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Sauté onion in olive oil in a medium saucepan until soft. Stir in berries, sugar and seasonings (reserving mint).
- Stir over medium heat until berries are mashed and mixture begins to bubble slightly. Set aside and cool.
- When cool, puree berry sauce in a blender or food processor. Add mint. Blend just until evenly distributed. Set aside.
- Grill chops to desired doneness. Serve sauce as a dip alongside the chops.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): Calories – 386, Total Fat – 15.3g, Protein – 40.8g, Vitamin A – 13%, Vitamin C – 24%, Iron – 30%.
**Nutrition information is calculated using an online calorie calculator. Variations may exist. Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.