Tangy goat cheese and sweet peppers complement hearty lamb on this tasty pizza.
- Makes: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: This pizza features garlic, which provides fiber and disease-fighting nutrients.
- Recipe Created By: American Lamb Board
- 1 package premade whole grain pizza dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup pepperoncini peppers, sliced
- ¾ cup goat cheese crumbles
- 2 cups arugula
- Brush rimmed baking sheet with 1 teaspoon oil. Using your hands, spread dough over entire length of baking sheet, pushing dough to edge (or roll out on floured surface and transfer to pan). Bake for 5 minutes at 450 degrees. Remove from oven; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add lamb, shallot, garlic, tomato paste, oregano and salt and pepper; cook until lamb is completely browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Brush par-baked crust with 1 teaspoon oil. Evenly distribute cooked lamb and pepperoncini; top with crumbled goat cheese. Bake for about 15 minutes, until cheese looks slightly melted and edges of crust are golden brown. Toss arugula with remaining 1 teaspoon oil; set aside. Remove pizza from oven and top with dressed arugula.