A great family dish, this classic Italian casserole features ground beef and three types of cheeses.
- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Ground beef is filled with high-quality protein, zinc, vitamin B12 and iron.
- Recipe Created By: Farming Feeds Alabama Cookbook
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, brown beef. Drain well. Add sauce and water, and simmer about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cheeses, eggs, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Pour 1 cup meat sauce on the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Layer 3 pieces of uncooked lasagna noodles over meat sauce. Cover with 1½ cups of cheese filling. Repeat layers of meat sauce, lasagna noodles and cheese filling. Top with layer of lasagna and remaining meat sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake about 7-10 minutes longer. Allow to stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Tips & Notes
This dish is perfect to make and freeze for later.