Pears, Gorgonzola cheese, and walnuts make a dynamic trio, evidenced by this crowd-pleaser pizza.
- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Pears are a great source of vitamin C and are only 100 calories per serving. Walnuts add heart healthy omega-3 fats.
- Recipe Created By: Pear Bureau Northwest
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice pear stem side up into 12 quart-inch width vertical planks. Cut planks in half lengthwise for a total of 24 slices.
- Place pizza crusts on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle ⅓ cup cheese and 2 tablespoons walnuts over each crust.
- Place pear slices on top of cheese mixture. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake 12-14 minutes until cheese is melted and pears are soft.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with thyme. Cut into 6 slices and serve.
Tips & Notes
Slice and serve this pizza as finger food at parties or make a kid-approved dinner.