- 1 whole beef tenderloin with fat trimmed off (4-5 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- Let tenderloin sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Approximately 30 minutes before cooking, preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Put tenderloin in a roasting pan. Oil all sides of the beef with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 425 degrees for approximately 30 minutes. For medium rare, the beef’s internal temperature will be about 130 degrees.
- Let tenderloin rest about 20 minutes before cutting to allow the juices to redistribute throughout the meat.