- 4-5 zucchini, cut into thick ¾-inch slices (roughly 5 cups of slices)
- 24 ounces (1 package) refrigerated cooked polenta, cut into ½-inch slices and halved
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for oiling pan
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼-½ teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 19 ounces (1 package) sweet mild Italian sausage (5 sausages)
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly grease a large 18-by-13-inch rimmed baking sheet with olive oil.
- Place zucchini and polenta slices on plan in a single layer and drizzle with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Sprinkle with pepper, salt and rosemary.
- Prick each sausage several times with a fork, then arrange on the pan between zucchini and polenta slices. Roast for 20 minutes or until sausages are cooked to 160 degrees.
- Stir once or twice while cooking. Sprinkle zucchini and polenta with grated Parmesan cheese after cooking, if desired.