This summery, crowd-pleasing pasta dish utilizes fresh tomatoes and basil along with shrimp.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- Nutrition Highlights: Tomatoes are filled with more than antioxidants vitamin A and C. They contain lycopene, a natural phytonutrient that may help reduce risk of prostate cancer.
- Recipe Created By: Kristen Winston Catering
- Recipe From: Tennessee Home & Farm
- Seed and chop tomatoes. In a large bowl, mix tomatoes with vinegar, basil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute 2 minutes.
- Add oil and garlic to the tomato mixture.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When hot, add shrimp and saute until cooked through, approximately 2 minutes per side.
- At the same time, cook pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Toss tomato mixture with hot, cooked pasta.
- Top with shrimp and serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
Fresh tomatoes should be stored at room temperature; refrigeration dulls their flavor. Use within a week. For a more nutritional version, use whole wheat penne, or mix whole wheat and regular penne pasta.