Fresh spring vegetables combine with cheesy tortellini in this chilled pasta salad.
- 20 ounces cheese tortellini
- 2 cups kale, packed
- 12 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch long pieces
- 2 cups fresh peas
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise or Greek yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- Bring 5 quarts of water to boil. Add pasta and cook for 7 to 9 minutes, until al dente. Rinse and set aside in a large bowl.
- In another large pot, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add kale, peas and asparagus. Simmer until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and rinse in cold water. Drain well. Add vegetables to pasta.
- Whisk together all remaining ingredients to make dressing. Pour over pasta. Stir, and chill for at least 2 hours.
Tips & Notes
This pasta will stick to your ribs even longer when served with some grilled salmon or chicken.