Crisp fall apples are a perfect partner for hearty winter squash in this easy bake.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the squash in half. Pare squash (scoop out the seeds and pulp from the middle, and cut off the tough outer rind). Cut into ½-inch slices.
- In a separate bowl, stir together brown sugar, butter, flour, salt and mace.
- In an ungreased 12-by-7-inch baking dish, arrange squash and top with apple slices.
- Sprinkle cooked sausage and brown sugar mixture over top. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes and serve.
Tips & Notes
For a pretty presentation, serve the bake in a cooked acorn squash.